Thursday, August 30, 2012

the tale of one avocado

Avocados will always be one of my favorite fruits. I could cut one open and eat it right out of the peel with a spoon, and I could also put it on almost any other food. Yum. I've heard you can even make brownies with avocados!? As much as I love eating them a la carte, they are even better made into guacamole. I've been getting used to making guac without the dairy added, (sour cream, mayonnaise, whatever else people in that stuff to make it creamier) and it is definitely just as good. All you need is a little salt and pepper and maybe some other veggies and you're good to go. Thankfully I have a beautiful garden in my backyard with tons of fresh produce, so I picked out some spicy Serrano peppers and some green onion, sliced it up and threw it in there for a little extra kick.




All mashed up with green onion, spicy peppers, salt and pepper. Leave the seeds in to keep it fresh.

 A very green sandwich with my guac, spinach and cucumbers on multigrain bread. Perfect on a hot day.

Satisfied :)

with love,
neena noel