Wednesday, November 28, 2012

shroomin'

Free Crochet Pattern


These little mushroom necklaces are made to fit a lighter perfectly so it never gets lost, but you can use them for whatever you like. And for those of you who don't crochet, I have these up for sale in my shop. 

I decided to put this pattern up because it's super easy and doesn't use much yarn. I was originally taught how to make these from a happy hippie friend, she was often on the road, would sing and play her ukelele and always had a smile on her face. Now I get a chance to share with you what she shared with me.

What you need to know: 
How to crochet in the round & double crochet

What you need:
Yarn, Size H hook, Scissors



Key:
ch - chain
dc - double crochet

And now we'll start with the stem:
ch 5-6 and connect to form a ring and begin your round
dc 10 into your ring, join and ch 2 to begin the next row
Continue to dc around until you have a total of 7 rows.
The stem is finished but don't cut your yarn just yet!
After you've completed your last row, ch 1
and continue to chain until your necklace has reached your desired length.
Cut off and leave the long chain as a tail until you've finished the mushroom cap.

The cap:
Using a different color,  ch 5-6 again to begin your round
dc 12 into your round, join and ch 2 for the next row
Continue to dc around until you have a total of 4 rows
Cut off yarn and tie end.

Now to connect them, take the end of your chain tail and stick it through the 1st row of stitches on your mushroom cap from the inside going out. Pull the tail around and stick it back through the cap going in the opposite direction.  Connect your tail back to the stem and tie off. And there you have it. :)

I don't really know how to write patterns so bear with me and feel free to ask questions if I confused you at all. I included the pictures too so that maybe you can get a better idea of how it's done.



xo neena noel