Friday, August 24, 2012

from the seeds planted

My mother has been slaving over this beautiful garden for weeks. Though she's had gopher problems, she has been persistent and it's beginning to show its fruitfulness. It's tough being completely organic sometimes, but I feel like it will pay off. (Though I should probably be helping with the garden if I'm going to claim that it will pay off, haha.) This is the second year in row of my mothers summer gardens, though there were plenty of fruit trees already blooming when we moved into our home - oranges (valencia and naval), grapefruits, lemons, apricots, pomegranates, apples, plums pineapple-guavas and blackberries. I can't express how grateful I am for our bounty of fruit and vegetables, and let me tell you, non-genetically modified foods do taste so much better. Here's just a small sample of what's blooming in our backyard right now.



Mama even made some homemade apricot jam

Tomatoes

Baby Pumpkin

Rows of Sunflowers

Mint Field

Baby Blackberries


Oranges are not quite in season



with love,
neena noel